Tuesday, November 17, 2009

30 days

Well, it seems I haven't kept up with this blog as much as I would have liked to, but I will remedy that situation starting now. I have exactly 30 days left in Spain. I can't even believe how fast the time has passed. Today I registered for my classes for Spring 2010, and I'm already thinking and planning for being home. I'm trying not to do this, but it's hard to keep it out of my mind. I miss home quite a bit, but this does not mean that I'm not having an amazing experience here in Valladolid. Everyday, a million little things remind me of how happy I am living and studying in this city. This is also not to say that I don't have my down moments. My mood is like a roller coaster, and this isn't unique to my study abroad experience. One minute, I'm wishing I was home. The next, I realize how devastating it will be to leave. I will be most sad about leaving my host family and my professors. I talk to Carmen (my host mother), and Li (my Korean house-sister) everyday at lunch and dinner, and these are some of the best moments of the day. We talk about a lot of different things, usually beginning with a lengthy discussion about the day's weather. :-) Usually we end up laughing hysterically.
I am finding that my conversational Spanish is greatly improving, although I naturally have moments when I feel like it's at a standstill. It's all about the idea of "two steps forward, one step back".
I have quite a bit of homework, but I also have quite a bit of free time to balance it out.
Generally, life is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment